Holtzman Partners seeks a tech-savvy, self-motivated, and resourceful IT audit senior to join the awesome team of whip smart accounting professionals serving our growing roster of Austin clients.
IT audit seniors are key members of a rockstar team that plans, organizes and executes information technology audits. These audits predominantly include Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and/or management testing engagements for public companies and SSAE 18 and SOC reports. As it relates to engagement execution, this position is required to clearly communicate results verbally and in writing to the team and company management personnel. Our IT audit seniors work closely with all IT audit managers and partners.
And building your technical skillset is just the beginning of your career development at Holtzman Partners. You’ll also expand your client service, teaming and leadership skills in an environment where your contributions are heard, respected and valued.
So…what do you bring to the table?
You’re an inquisitive and tenacious problem solver, who won’t stop until it’s right. You pick up the phone and get things done. You’re a persuasive written and verbal communicator who inspires confidence in your internal and external clients. Your positive attitude and can-do mentality are legendary. You have a tireless eye for detail, are a stickler for high-quality output and can’t rest ‘til you make things better.
If you see yourself in these words, let’s talk:
detail oriented | team player | relationship builder | leader | responsible | collaborative | versatile | organized | friendly | accountable | proactive | problem solver | nimble | conscientious | responsive | decisive | driven| professional | client focused| curious
The role of IT audit senior includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Developing an understanding of clients’ platform structure, security and ERP software, and how information systems are used at the client and within that client’s industry
- Managing engagements from start to finish, including planning, execution, and reporting
- Effectively managing associates and seniors, providing constructive feedback and guidance
- Maintaining and managing relationships with clients at the appropriate levels and demonstrating teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
- Evaluating process risks, developing tests for key controls, writing audit reports and determining the effectiveness of controls
- Recognizing relevant financial statement risks from basic analysis and identifying potential non-compliance to standards
- Ensuring conformance with Security and other company policies and conducting necessary tests to ensure compliance
- Recommending remediation plans to correct problems or non-compliance
- Following up on remediation progress or management responses
- Staying abreast of the current IT environment and industry IT trends relevant to the client’s business, and using current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Ensuring integrity, confidentiality and availability of information and resources
Qualified candidates will have:
- 1-4 years of IT Audit experience (Big Four a solid plus)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Proven knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, Windows and UNIX infrastructure, and ERP (specifically Oracle) systems
- Advanced interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- A dedication to teamwork
- Demonstrated strength in analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and assimilate business processes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and PPT
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions
Holtzman Partners is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team and the knowledge of our people. The firm provides all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.