Holtzman Partners seeks a detail-oriented, client-service-focused marketing pro to spearhead the marketing, communications and event planning efforts of the firm. We’d love to hear from you if you enjoy managing multiple projects at once, have a tireless eye for detail, possess an excellent command of the English language with mad proofreading skills and genuinely like staying busy.
What do you bring to the table?
You’re a whipsmart and tenacious problem solver who won’t stop until it’s right. You pick up the phone and get things done. You’re a persuasive written and verbal communicator, and kind of a word nerd. You enjoy multi-tasking and switching gears frequently to deliver excellent client service to the 75 members of our growing firm. You have a positive attitude and can-do mentality. You’re a stickler for high-quality output and can’t rest ‘til you make things better.
If you see yourself in these words, let’s talk: organized | self-motivated | detail oriented | cool under pressure | friendly | accountable | collaborative | grammar geek | thorough | proactive | conscientious | responsive | professional | on time and under budget
The role of BD&M Coordinator includes, but is not limited to:
- Leads comprehensive CRM (Zoho) data clean-up after the Q1 2017 rollout. Improves overall data integrity, ensures accurate and up-to-date information for client/target mailings, associates people contacts to company contact records, researches contact and company data, assists with data mining activities, merges and de-dupes client records on a regular basis
- Serves as primary data steward on special projects (newsletters, event invitations, holiday mailings)
- Develops and manages the process for ensuring data quality and integrity, documents and enforces policies and protocol
- Assists users with questions/issues regarding Zoho usage, data management, and list creation/maintenance
- Fields inquiries from users and ensures CRM needs are met, provides knowledgeable and responsive internal client service
- Identifies users who require additional assistance/training and provides coaching on a wide range of CRM best practices
- Troubleshoots, tests and customizes features to maximize Zoho use
- Stays current on CRM developments and upgrades in the professional services industry
- Owns the firm’s social media presence. Understands our brand, differentiators and messaging across all platforms. Manages regular postings to HP’s social media accounts
- Owns the firm’s online presence as reflected in the HP website. Responsibilities include content generation and SEO. Must understand our mission, brand and audiences.
- Manages creation and distribution of holiday cards. Responsibilities include vendor selection, photography coordination and management of distribution lists.
- Creates/distributes all firm newsletters for internal and external audiences. Exercises creative control and leads content generation
- Manages annual alumni event. Responsibilities include event concepting, venue selection, vendor negotiations, list management, pre-event prep, day-of execution and post-event follow up.
- Creates/distributes quarterly alumni newsletter. Exercises creative control and leads content generation
- Maintains inventory of promo items and owns the product selection process
- Ensures the availability of promo items for client/referral source gifts and for distribution at events
- Responsibilities include establishing/fostering vendor relationships, managing budgets and exercising creative control
- Manages all of the firm’s client-facing and sponsored events
- Coordinates and executes the firm’s annual All-staff Volunteer Day
- Owns all aspects of the event planning process: event concepting, venue selection, vendor negotiations, list management, pre-event prep, day-of execution and post-event follow up
- Engages with professional associations, attends events, sets meetings, researches and evaluates where time spent will be most productive
- Establishes personal connections: connects on a personal level and is valued as a trusted resource; serves as an articulate, professional, public “face” of the firm
- Conducts research for use in identifying business development opportunities, cross-selling and cross-marketing opportunities, and industry trends as well as potential client targets
- Provides organized, consistent follow up: knows when to follow up, what the touch points are, and what actions to take that will deepen the relationship
- Creates connections and makes introductions: reviews contacts to consider who might benefit from an introduction. Assists in getting the firm’s partners and managers in front of the right contacts
- Keeps abreast of industry dynamics and firm messaging; knows the firm’s service offerings, strengths and positioning
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field from four-year college or university
- 3-5 years prior experience in marketing and/or business development, preferably in an accounting firm, law firm or other professional services entity
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), MailChimp and SurveyMonkey
- Proficiency in social media best practices, posting and reporting
- Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills. Familiarity with AP style is a plus.
- 1-2 years of corporate event planning experience
- Experience with CRM: detail oriented and eager to manage large volumes of data with accuracy. Have ability to see the big picture and discover valuable relationships by connecting all the dots