Holtzman Partners seeks a tech-savvy, self-motivated, and resourceful tax associate to join the awesome team of whip smart accounting professionals serving our growing roster of Austin clients.
As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to develop technical tax skills by participating in formal training programs and on-the-job coaching while working on challenging assignments. You’ll work closely with our awesome tax partners and senior managers on multiple engagements, and you’ll also interact with our audit team and work with our tax clients on a variety of issues, such as federal and state returns, income tax compliance and planning, income tax provisions, R&D tax credit studies, and nexus reviews.
And building your technical skillset is just the beginning of your career development at Holtzman Partners. You’ll also expand your client service, teaming and leadership skills in an environment where your contributions are heard, respected and valued.
So…what do you bring to the table?
You’re an inquisitive and tenacious problem solver, who won’t stop until it’s right. You pick up the phone and get things done. You’re a persuasive written and verbal communicator who inspires confidence in your internal and external clients. Your positive attitude and can-do mentality are legendary. You have a tireless eye for detail, are a stickler for high-quality output and can’t rest ‘til you make things better.
If you see yourself in these words, let’s talk:
detail oriented | team player | relationship builder | leader | responsible | collaborative | versatile | organized | friendly | accountable | proactive | problem solver | nimble | conscientious | responsive | decisive | driven| professional | client focused| curious
The tax associate role includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Helping prepare federal and state income tax returns
- Researching a variety of tax technical issues to support tax positions and providing consulting services to clients
- Documenting client work papers and organizing tax files in electronic format
- Preparing and reviewing income tax accounting work papers
- Working directly with the audit team to assess the reasonableness of the presentation and disclosure of the tax accounts in a client’s financial statements
- Assisting with tax due diligence on a potential acquisition or sale
- Assisting with research and development tax credit studies
- Displaying teamwork, responsibility and integrity
- Working with team members and contributing ideas to the team, as well as listening to the views of others
- Establishing productive working relationships with client personnel and colleagues to ensure the efficient flow of information between the client and the tax team
- Interacting with clients in a professional and competent manner, keeping a strong client focus
- Understanding and executing the firm’s tax methodology
- Learning to use the firm’s tax tools and resources to effectively and efficiently serve the client
- Growing as a tax professional by actively participating in performance evaluation and feedback
Qualified candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Advanced degree preferred, but not required
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with client-facing work experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and assimilate information
- Dedication to teamwork
- A long-term career perspective
- A well-rounded personality that contributes positively to the Holtzman Partners culture
- CPA eligibility upon hire
Holtzman Partners is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team and the knowledge of our people. The firm provides all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.