Holtzman Partners seeks a tech-savvy, self-motivated and resourceful tax manager to join the awesome team of whip smart accounting professionals serving our growing roster of Austin clients.
As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to develop technical tax skills by participating in formal training programs and on-the-job coaching while working on challenging assignments. You’ll work closely with our awesome tax partners and senior managers on multiple engagements, and you’ll also interact with our audit team and work with our tax clients on a variety of issues, such as federal and state returns, income tax compliance and planning, income tax provisions, R&D tax credit studies, and nexus reviews.
Of course, growing your technical skillset is just one part of your career development at Holtzman Partners. You’ll also expand your client service, teaming and leadership skills in an environment where your contributions are heard, respected and valued.
So…what do you bring to the table?
You’re an inquisitive and tenacious problem solver, who won’t stop until it’s right. You pick up the phone and get things done. You’re a persuasive written and verbal communicator who inspires confidence in your internal and external clients. Your positive attitude and can-do mentality are legendary. You have a tireless eye for detail, are a stickler for high-quality output and can’t rest ‘til you make things better.
If you see yourself in these words, let’s talk:
detail oriented | team player | relationship builder | leader | responsible | collaborative | versatile | organized | friendly | accountable | proactive | problem solver | nimble | conscientious | responsive | decisive | driven| professional | client focused| curiou
The role of tax manager includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of tax and consulting engagements for clients across a variety of industries, including tech, retail/CPG, manufacturing, healthcare, real estate and investments
- Overseeing the successful execution of tax and consulting engagements from the engagement letter through report issuance while managing engagement economics
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client management to ensure that client needs and expectations are clearly understood and exceeded
- Effectively managing tax seniors and associates on engagements, providing constructive feedback and guidance, developing their technical and soft skills, and participating in the performance management process
- Driving the prompt resolution of accounting and tax issues, clearly communicating the resolution to both clients and engagement team members
- Leading by example in fostering a culture of teamwork, responsibility and integrity
- Serving as a liaison between client management and firm partners
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5-8 years of current or very recent tax experience in public accounting; Big Four experience is a solid plus
- Accounting, finance or other relevant degree
- CPA certification
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax and a broad understanding of US income taxation
- Experience managing budgets and projects
- Proven success in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- A dedication to providing high quality client service, staff development and teamwork
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to successfully manage simultaneous engagements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Outlook and Excel
- Dedication to teamwork
- A long-term career perspective
- A well-rounded personality that positively contributes to the Holtzman Partners culture
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions
Holtzman Partners is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team and the knowledge of our people. The firm provides all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.