Holtzman Partners seeks a tech-savvy, self-motivated, and resourceful IT audit associate to join the awesome team of whip smart accounting professionals serving our growing roster of Austin clients.
IT audit associates play a key role on a rockstar team that plans, organizes and executes information technology audits. These audits predominantly include Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and/or management testing engagements for public companies and SSAE 18 and SOC reports. IT audit associates work closely with our awesome IT audit partners and senior managers.
And building your technical skillset is just the beginning of your career development at Holtzman Partners. You’ll also expand your client service, teaming and leadership skills in an environment where your contributions are respected and valued.
So…what do you bring to the table?
You’re an inquisitive and tenacious problem solver, who won’t stop until it’s right. You pick up the phone and get things done. You’re a persuasive written and verbal communicator who inspires confidence in your internal and external clients. Your positive attitude and can-do mentality are legendary. You have a tireless eye for detail, are a stickler for high-quality output and can’t rest ‘til you make things better.
If you see yourself in these words, let’s talk:
detail oriented | team player | relationship builder | leader | responsible | collaborative | versatile | organized | friendly | accountable | proactive | problem solver | nimble | conscientious | responsive | decisive | driven| professional | client focused| curious
The role of IT audit associates includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Assisting in the execution of the day-to-day activities of IT audit engagements
- Developing an understanding of clients’ platform structure, security and ERP software, and how information systems are used at the client and within the clients’ industries
- Demonstrating teamwork, responsibility and integrity. Working with team members, contributing ideas to the team as well as listening to the views of others
- Evaluating process risks, develop tests for key controls and determine effectiveness of controls
- Recognizing relevant financial statement risks from basic analysis and identifying potential non-compliance to standards
- Ensuring conformance with Security and other company policies and conducting necessary tests to ensure compliance
- Recommending remediation plans to correct problems or non-compliance
- Following up on remediation progress or management responses
- Staying abreast of the current IT environment and industry IT trends relevant to client’s business, and using current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Ensuring integrity, confidentiality and availability of information and resources
- Establishing productive working relationships with client personnel to help ensure the efficient flow of information from the client to the IT audit team. Interacting with clients in a professional and competent manner, keeping a strong client focus
Qualified candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Accounting with an emphasis in IT or a related discipline
- Big Four experience is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems and ERP applications is a plus
- Advanced interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- A dedication to teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strength in analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and assimilate business processes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated integrity, maturity, dependability, and a strong work ethic within a professional environment
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions
Holtzman Partners is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team and the knowledge of our people. The firm provides all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.