Holtzman Partners seeks a tech-savvy, self-motivated, and resourceful internal controls senior to join the awesome team of whip smart accounting professionals serving our growing roster of Austin clients.
Senior associates are key members of a team that plans, organizes and executes business risk/control and financial statement audits for our clients. You’ll work with clients to analyze and evaluate Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and compliance. You’ll also perform financial statement audits of commercial entities, allowing you to further deepen your technical accounting knowledge and provide meaningful full-service solutions to clients. And you’ll have opportunities to develop your technical skills while working closely with partners and senior managers on multiple engagements.
Of course, growing your technical skillset is just the beginning of your career development at Holtzman Partners. You’ll also expand your client service, teaming and leadership skills in an environment where your contributions are heard, respected and valued.
So…what do you bring to the table?
You’re an inquisitive and tenacious problem solver, who won’t stop until it’s right. You pick up the phone and get things done. You’re a persuasive written and verbal communicator who inspires confidence in your internal and external clients. Your positive attitude and can-do mentality are legendary. You have a tireless eye for detail, are a stickler for high-quality output and can’t rest ‘til you make things better.
If you see yourself in these words, let’s talk:
detail oriented | team player | relationship builder | leader | responsible | collaborative | versatile | organized | friendly | accountable | proactive | problem solver | nimble | conscientious | responsive | decisive | driven| professional | client focused| curious
The role of IC senior includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Executing the day-to-day activities of audit and consulting engagements for clients in a variety of industries, including technology, retail/CPG, manufacturing, healthcare, real estate and investments
- Developing an understanding of a client’s business processes, and risks and controls, and benchmarking against the client’s industry
- Recognizing relevant financial statement risks from basic analysis and identifying potential non-compliance to standards
- Evaluating process risks, developing tests for key controls, and determining effectiveness of controls
- Clearly communicating engagement results verbally and in writing to the team and company management personnel
- Maintaining positive and valuable relationships with the client
- Demonstrating teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
- Staying abreast of the current accounting environment and industry trends relevant to a client’s business, and using current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Supervising and developing associates
Qualified candidates will have:
- 2-5 years of business risk/controls audit or financial statement audit experience (Big Four experience and CPA certification are a huge plus)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, internal audit or a related discipline
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, SOC reports and business risks/controls
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with client-facing work experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit, mind and drive
- A dedication to teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and assimilate business processes
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- A tech savvy, can-do attitude and approach
- Proven problem solving and proactive decision-making skills
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple clients’ needs concurrently
- Adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results
- A highly self-motivated, nimble and curious mindset
- An ability to quickly understand and analyze client processes and needs
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions
Holtzman Partners is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team and the knowledge of our people. The firm provides all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.