Holtzman Partners seeks a tech-savvy, self-motivated, and resourceful audit manager to join the awesome team of whip smart accounting professionals serving our growing roster of Austin clients.
And growing your technical skillset is just one part of your career development at Holtzman Partners. You’ll also expand your client service, teaming and leadership skills in an environment where your contributions are heard, respected and valued.
So…what do you bring to the table?
You’re an inquisitive and tenacious problem solver, who won’t stop until it’s right. You pick up the phone and get things done. You’re a persuasive written and verbal communicator who inspires confidence in your internal and external clients. Your positive attitude and can-do mentality are legendary. You have a tireless eye for detail, are a stickler for high-quality output and can’t rest ‘til you make things better.
If you see yourself in these words, let’s talk:
detail oriented | team player | relationship builder | leader | responsible | collaborative | versatile | organized | friendly | accountable | proactive | problem solver | nimble | conscientious | responsive | decisive | driven| professional | client focused| curious
The role of audit manager includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of audit and consulting engagements for clients in a variety of industries, including technology, retail/CPG, manufacturing, healthcare, real estate and investments
- Overseeing the successful execution of audit and consulting engagements from the engagement letter through report issuance while managing engagement economics
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client management to ensure that client needs and expectations are clearly understood and exceeded
- Effectively managing audit seniors and staff on engagements, providing constructive feedback and guidance
- Driving the prompt resolution of accounting and auditing issues, clearly communicating the resolution to both clients and engagement team members
- Ensuring the effective and efficient execution of the firm’s audit methodology to yield quality audits without unnecessary work
- Leading by example in fostering a culture of teamwork, responsibility and integrity
- Serving as a liaison between client management and firm partners
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5-8 years of current, or very recent, audit experience in public accounting; Big Four experience is a huge plus
- Experience in auditing commercial entities
- An accounting, finance or other relevant degree
- CPA certification
- Exceptional technical skills including thorough working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting procedures and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
- A dedication to providing high-quality client service, staff development and teamwork
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- A proven ability to successfully manage simultaneous engagements
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions
Holtzman Partners is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team and the knowledge of our people. The firm provides all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.